Because of Winn-Dixie: An Instructional Guide for Literature
Learn how Opal's dog, Winn-Dixie, encourages her to make friends in her small town as you complete the activities and lessons in this resource. Because of Winn-Dixie: An Instructional Guide for Literature supports instruction of the Newbery Honor book, and helps students analyze and comprehend the heartwarming story.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments
We Also Recommend
Help Your Kids with Science: A Unique Step-By-Step Visual Guide