Nature Play Workshop for Families: A Guide to 40+ Outdoor Learning Experiences in All Seasons
Children and families are plugged into electronics and often disconnected from direct experiences in nature. This beautifully photographed, highly visual resource offers tangible approaches to nature-based learning and play for children. Parents and teachers discover the benefits of outdoor learning and simple ways to facilitate unplugged nature connection in every season. Inspired by nature preschools, forest kindergartens, and forest school models the world over, this guide includes "Voices from the Field" with advice from experienced nature-based educators, too. This insightful guide balances nature play experiences with hands-on projects using natural materials and is an ideal jumping off point for immersive nature play.
Examples of nature-based child experiences outlined in the book include:
- Wildlife observation and tracking
- Nature sounds, songs, and poetry
- Gardening and cooking with wild edibles
- Printmaking, charcoal drawing, dyeing, and shadow play
- Journaling inspired by nature
With Nature Play Workshop for Families, any child, anywhere, can spark a nature connection.
* Due to pandemic delays, please allow 2 weeks for items to ship