Magic Tree House Series: An Instructional Guide for Literature
With this indispensable resource, students will be whisked away to the enchanting worlds found in the Magic Tree House series. This instructional guide for literature provides the perfect support tool for teachers as they prepare lessons so students can analyze and comprehend these fascinating stories by Mary Pope Osborne.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments