The Great Kapok Tree: An Instructional Guide for Literature
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Great Kapok Tree: An Instructional Guide for Literature is the perfect tool to aid students in analyzing and comprehending this classic children's book. By completing fun, challenging activities and lessons, students will uncover the true meaning behind this beautifully illustrated story.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments