Gentle Discipline: Using Emotional Connection--Not Punishment--To Raise Confident, Capable Kids
Discipline is an essential part of raising happy and successful kids, but as more and more parents are discovering, conventional approaches often don't work, and can even lead to more frustration, resentment, power struggles, and shame.
Enter Sarah Ockwell-Smith, a popular parenting expert who believes there's a better way. Citing the latest research in child development, psychology and neuroscience, Gentle Discipline debunks common myths about punishments, rewards, the "naughty chair," and more, and presents practical, connection-based techniques that really work--and that bring parents and kids closer together instead of driving then apart.
- Setting--and enforcing--boundaries and limits with compassion and respect
- Focusing on connection and positivity instead of negative consequences
- Working with teachers and other caregivers
- Breaking the cycle of shaming and blaming
Filled with ideas to try today, Gentle Discipline helps parents of toddlers as well as school-age kids embrace a new, more enlightened way to help kids listen, learn and grow.
* Due to pandemic delays, please allow 2 weeks for items to ship
We Also Recommend
Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life
Read-Aloud Family: Making Meaningful and Lasting Connections with Your Kids