Frog and Toad Together: An Instructional Guide for Literature
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Join best friends Frog and Toad on their many adventures! Young readers will be eager to explore these delightful stories about friendship as they analyze the complex text through engaging, cross-curricular activities and lessons in this instructional guide for literature.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments