The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: An Instructional Guide for Literature
Don’t miss one of America’s top 100 most-loved novels, selected by PBS’s The Great American Read.
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the second book in C. S. Lewis's classic fantasy series, which has been drawing readers of all ages into a magical land with unforgettable characters for over sixty years.
These resources incorporate strategies for effective literacy instruction that work together to rigorously guide students through their study of literature.
- Text-dependent questions are used to determine comprehension of the books as well as student interpretation of the vocabulary words
- Close reading is used throughout the units to guide students toward revisiting the text and using textual evidence to respond to prompts orally and in writing
- Students must analyze the story elements in multiple assignments for each section of the book
- Cross-curricular connections to writing, mathematics, science, social studies, and the fine arts
- Reader-response writing and text-dependent questions help prepare for future test-based environments
We Also Recommend
Calling All Minds: How to Think and Create Like an Inventor